Donor Recognition & Sponsorship
Donor recognition is based on the desires of the donor
Recognition of donors is an integral part of the Langley Care Society development efforts. Donors will be acknowledged for their gifts in a manner appropriate to the size of their gifts and consistent with their personal wishes. Donor recognition begins and ends with the desires and wishes of the donor. The guiding principle of all donor recognition endeavours is to abide with donors’ wishes for recognition or anonymity.
We will be pleased to discuss and honour your preferences. Please do not hesitate to contact us or telephone: 604-532-4207.
Visionary ($100,000 & up)
Aldergrove Credit Union
Auxiliary to Langley Care Society
City of Langley
Patron ($50,000 – $99,999)
Guardian ($25,000 – $49,999)
P.A. Woodward’s Foundation
Pro Vita Care Management Inc.
Rotary Club of Langley Central
TD Bank Financial Group
Founder ($10,000 – $24,999)
F K Morrow Foundation
Forresters – Douglas Branch
Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund
Harold E. Ballard Foundation
The Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Fund
Soroptimist International of the Langleys
SurreyCares Community Foundation
TB Vets Charitable Foundation
The Highbury Foundation
Westminster Savings Credit Union
Westcana Services Inc.
In Memory of Myrt and Stan Anglin
In Memory of Pat Robinson
Benefactor ($1,000 – $9,999)
Arpad and Margaret Seres
BMO Fountain of Hope
City of Langley
Community Care Foundation
CPA Development Consultants
Diana and Tom Sampson
Division 15 Mechanical Ltd.
Frank and Margaret Jackson
G&F Financial Group
George and Ghazale Tefenkdjian
Georgette Marie Tull
Gordon and Beatrice Phillips
Guy and Shirley Tousignant
Homelife Benchmark Realty Corp.
Imperial Tobacco Canada Limited
Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Vancouver
Jonet Construction Ltd.
Ken and Marion Harder
Kiwanis Club of Langley
Knights of Columbus 2552
Langley Lions Club
Langley Minor Hockey Association
M. G. Hughes
Mainroad Contracting Ltd
Marvin and Catherine Knott
Peter and Charlene Fassbender
RBC Financial Group
Reverend Tom Mercer
Royal Canadian Legion 21 Ladies Auxiliary
Semiahmoo Dental Centre
Springbrook Church Society
Ted and Dianne Hobbs
Vern and Joyce Larson
Warm Hearts Charitable Foundation
Wayne and Laurie Leach
Wilfried and Ida Schnabel
In Memory of Alice Jackson
In Memory of Alma Bro
In Memory of Andy Pratico
In Memory of Frank and Margaret Knott
In Memory of Freeman Saunders
In Memory of Isobel Butchart
In Memory of Nick Harder
In Memory of Norah Campbell
Langley Care Foundation Appreciates its Corporate Sponsors
CanadaHelps is a not-for-profit charity portal and a registered public foundation (BN 896568417RR0001) that seeks to promote and facilitate philanthropy through online giving. We operate the website (www.canadahelps.org) that allows donors to make online credit card donations to the approximately 80,000 registered charities in Canada. It also allows charities to receive online credit card donations without the expense of setting up their own secure donations site. Within minutes of making a donation, you will receive by email an official tax receipt. Please note your donation to Langley Care Foundation will appear on your credit card statement as a transaction with Canada Helps.
Donor Bill Of Rights
Langley Care Society is committed to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) – Donor Bill of Rights:
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent audited financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Imagine Canada Ethical Code
Langley Care Society is committed to the Imagine Canada Ethical Code
This Ethical Fundraising & Financial Accountability Code has been developed by Imagine Canada (formerly the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy), in consultation with charity leaders throughout Canada. Its primary purpose is to assure donors of the integrity and accountability of charities that solicit and receive their financial support.
Charities that adopt this Ethical Fundraising & Financial Accountability Code commit to fundraising practices that respect donors’ rights to truthful information and to privacy. They also commit to manage responsibly the funds that donors entrust to them, and to report their financial affairs accurately and completely.