Effective immediately and directed by the provincial Medical Health Officer:
Essential Visits Only Until Further Notice
Essential Visits will be permitted for only:
- Compassionate / Palliative reasons
- Family or significant other for compassionate / palliative reasons
Nurses will keep families informed of any changes in resident’s health status as per usual.
We would like to thank all families and visitors for their understanding as Langley Lodge continues to take measures to prevent the introduction of the COVID-19 virus into Langley Lodge. Thank you for your patience.
Message from the Director of Care
I am so appreciative of the understanding and cooperation of families during this unprecedented time of COVID around the world. I believe the prompt attention and adherence to Public Health prevention strategies gave us a good start going into this pandemic. Currently, we do not have any cases of COVID at Langley Lodge and we are now screening all staff at the beginning and end of their shift for any symptoms. All residents are assessed once each shift and as needed. All our residents are doing well and coping well with our new way of life here at Langley lodge for the time being.
All staff are reporting to work and we have no staffing shortages. But we do miss our families and volunteers and the amazing support you provided to your loved ones. As a result, I need to ask our families to be mindful of the number and timing of phone calls to our nurses. The higher volume of calls especially at meal times and medication times has been identified as a potential strain on care staff. We do not have the capacity to do daily discussions with each of you about your loved one, but please be reassured we will call you if there are any changes in status and proactively to set up virtual visits.
Message to the Families
In the past week we received numerous acts of kindness that we’d like to share with you.
- We received a large donation of spring floral plants, from Scania Greenhouses, of begonias, primula and African Violets. We have decorated our dining rooms with these colorful spring flowers.
- Concerts in Care sent a YouTube video concert of favorite tunes from the 20’s and 30’s. We played this in all of the dining rooms during the noon mealtime. The residents loved it! You can find the concert link on our Facebook page.
- A family member who works in telecommunications donated 2 computer tablets to assist us with our Virtual Visits. Unfortunately, we have had to suspend virtual visits until further notice.
We appreciate the many email messages of appreciation from families. Families are sending flowers and small gifts for their residents. Please continue to send your messages of appreciation to our staff, which are doing everything to make each day the best day possible for our residents.
Birthdays for our Elders
Birthdays are a special milestone for everyone, and while visits are not being permitted we are ensuring all elders receive a birthday card along with a lovely slice of birthday cake on their birthday. Staff and elders will come together and sing Happy Birthday to each and every elder!
Sources of Additional Information
We recommend the following links for current, accurate updates on the extent of the COVID-19 situation in our province.
www.bccdc.ca – BC Center for Disease Control
www.News.gov.bc.ca – Ministry Updates
– Fraser Health Authority Coronavirus Information
For additional information at Langley Lodge, please contact:
Director of Care: Lisa Samms-Maxwell at 604-532-4212
CEO: Debra Hauptman at 604-532-4216