A Volunteer-based Outreach Service for Seniors
The Seniors Peer Outreach Program is a volunteer-driven service that provides person-to-person outreach to connect with isolated and at-risk seniors in our community.
The project is funded by the generous donations of our community given to the Langley Care Foundation and the FirstWest Foundation.
Seniors participants are often:
- 55+ years of age
- Living alone or are geographically isolated from family and friends
- May be experiencing one or more additional challenges, such as:
- Changes in physical functioning or health status;
- Early cognitive changes, such as memory loss and confusion,
- Limited financial means that are a barrier for participation in seniors activities, and these are having an impact on the senior’s ability to maintain social connections and general health & well-being.
- Regular contact by phone or in-person with a trained and supervised peer volunteer;
- An invitation to attend a weekly social, recreation or music event and special occasions;
- Enjoy a nutritious, Dietitican approved, lunch at Langley Lodge once weekly;
- Private bus transportation provided to the weekly program at Langley Lodge;
- Opportunities to meet other seniors, and develop new connections;
- There is no cost to participate; no fees or memberships;
- Volunteers will liaise with the Director of Care, who will engage the Family Physician if required; eg. if a health issue becomes apparent to the volunteer.
To make a referral for yourself or for someone you know:
Call Us: Reception Desk 604-530-2305
Email Us: Outreach Program
Visit In-Person: At Langley Lodge, 5451-204th Street, Langley BC. We are located adjacent the Langley Mall, and there is parking near our front entrance on 204th Street.