Employment at Langley Lodge
About Our Organization
We are a leader in residential care in Langley, British Columbia. Operated by the Langley Care Society, we have an excellent track record for achieving exemplary standards of clinical care. We are proud of our 41 year history. Founded by local community leaders in the 1970’s and governed by a local volunteer Board of Directors, our organization benefits from strong community support through our Foundation. This support enables annual contributions for the best equipment and therapies. We have an active volunteer base who give their time generously to support our therapeutic recreation programs. We demonstrate our values by creating an energized and vibrant home, that welcomes families and visitors, churches and music, recreation and events thereby fulfilling our belief in ‘quality of life’.
Langley Care Society is an accredited, licensed Complex Care provider. Our non-profit organization is a registered charity. Funding is through the Fraser Health Authority and through local, fundraising activities.
We hire qualified, experienced professionals and allied workers. Our philosophy is patient-centered care. We have been operating for over 40 years and are improving our facilities and services to continually meet the current day residential care requirements for our elderly population.
We are a vibrant organization with varied daily activities, a large volunteer component, and involved family members.
Employment Opportunity – Temporary 0.93 FTE General Duty Nurse
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or RN/RPN, provides nursing care to residents according to Langley Lodge Policies & Procedures, and within limitations set by BCCNP.
- Graduated from a recognized program for Practical Nurses/or Nursing and a current license with the BCCNP.
- 1 year of Long Term Care Experience.
HOURS OF WORK
As per NBA Collective Agreement
Primarily 7.5 hours per day. Evenings & Night Rotation. Hours and days of work are subject to change to meet operational requirements.
Rotational, in compliance with NBA Collective Agreement.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Langley Care Society.
Employment Opportunity – Casual General Duty Nurse
COMPETENCIES FOE RNs/RPNs/LPNs WORKING AT LANGLEY LODGE:
- Clinical knowledge and expertise regarding current resident population
- Knowledge of overall home (staffing patterns, routines) and home activities
- Knowledge of how to access human and material resources
- Knowledge and support of Langley Lodge philosophy, concepts, policies, and procedures
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Ability to facilitate resolution of conflicts
- Ability to make sound decisions and problem solve constructively
- Ability to delegate workload as required
- Accountability and responsibility for professional decision and actions
Education / Knowledge
- Current registration with BCCNM
- Post Graduate Gerontology education/GNC(c) certificate given preference
- Valid Occupational First Aid Certificate
- Possess intermediate computer skills with proficiency using Point Click Care software
- Knowledge of Eden Alternative and Palliative Approach philosophies of care
- Previous experience in geriatrics or Elder Care preferred.
- Courses and experience in Dementia Care is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Infection Control Procedures
- Must be in good health, free from communicable diseases and physically fit to perform duties which may include standing, bending and assisting heavy residents.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and maintain co-operation with all levels of personnel. Constantly bears in mind that the prime objective of all employees is the maximum comfort and contentment of the residents, and performs all duties toward this ultimate objective of service.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Langley Care Society.
Employment Opportunity – Health Care Aide / HCI
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Health Care Aide (NOC 3413)|
|Location of Work:||Langley|
|Term of Employment:||Casual, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
|Shift(s):||Casual: As needed, between 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, & 11pm-7am|
Health Care Aides / HCA Responsibilities:
- Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
- Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures.
- Reports need for changes to resident’s care plan, as necessary.
- Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
- Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health Care Aides / HCA Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR “A” certification.
- Food Safe Level 1.
Health Care Aides / HCA Nice to Haves:
- 1+ year related experience preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Please apply through our contracted services website at:
Employment Opportunity – Recreational Worker
Join our dynamic Therapeutic Recreation Team! We are seeking a vibrant, qualified individual for temporary full-time and part-time positions, as well as casual positions to assist with our stimulating, varied and creative Therapeutic Recreation programs.
Under the direction of the Manager of Therapeutic Recreation – this role plans, implements and evaluates various leisure/recreation programs designed to meet the social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, intellectual and physical needs of residents. All duties are performed in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of the organization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Carries out specific internal recreation program responsibilities:
a. Sets up and organizes furnishings and equipment to facilitate program and project outcomes.
b. Safely facilitates programs according to protocols.
c. Evaluates programs post implementation to report and adapt for challenges (program, space, or resident issues).
2. Organizes and carries out external recreation programs according to protocols:
a. Communicates participant and outing details with staff appropriately.
b. Ensures comfort and safety conditions are met for all residents participating.
c. Facilitates process of the activity, coordinating people and practices.
d. Safely facilitates program outcomes.
3. Observes, communicates and documents significant resident behavioural and participation changes noted in and out of programs according to Lodge practices.
4. Attends to assigned resident caseload in a timely manner according to protocols:
a. Welcomes new residents (with Resident Representative).
b. Conducts detailed assessment, MDS updates, care plans, and related documentation.
c. Prepares for, documents, participates in inter-disciplinary care conferences with required follow up post conference.
d. Implements and follows through on resident care plans, revising/updating as required.
5. Documents departmental and program data/statistics in ProActivity Reports according to protocols.
6. Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with co-workers using appropriate tools.
7. Provides orientation, direction and supervision to volunteers and students during recreation programs and demonstrates related techniques as required. Reports on performance of same as required or as concerns arise to Manager of TR, Coordinator of Volunteers or designate.
8. Supports the facility Safety Program. Monitors safety in the living and working environment; responds to and reports hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents and unsafe or faulty equipment.
9. Maintains inventory of equipment, tools and materials and reports malfunctioning equipment and
supply needs to appropriate staff.
10. Performs daily shift requirements and other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Completion of a recognized therapeutic recreation diploma/degree plus two years’ recent, related
experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Aptitude with computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of Activity Pro
Reports, Volunteer Impact (Volunteer Squared), and Point-Click-Care would be an asset. First Aid/CPR, Serving it Right and Food Safe are required.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and skills for working with individuals living with dementia.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to deal with others effectively.
4. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
5. Physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. (with reference to furniture & equipment).
6. Ability to teach and lead groups.
7. Ability to organize work and manage time.
8. Ability to operate related equipment.
To apply for this position please fax resume to Louise Joycey, 604-532-4222 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org