As promised in our June 30th Family Communication we would inform you when there are changes made by the Provincial Government guidelines for visitation in long term care homes.
Effective Monday, July 19th, 2021, Visitation into long term care and assisted living homes have opened up. This means that families will no longer need to book visits in advance and may come to the Lodge 7 days a week from 9:30 am to 8 pm to visit their loved ones.
Visitation in long-term care and assisted living
It is strongly recommended that all visitors are fully immunized against COVID-19.
- The screening will remain a requirement of visitors during each visit.
- Visitors will be asked to show their vaccination status on their first visit, and if they are fully immunized. The visitor’s name, PHN number and dates of immunization will be collected prior to your visit.
- Fully vaccinated visitors will not need to wear a mask while visiting with their loved one or friend in the privacy of the elder’s room.
- Masks will be required for all visitors in common areas, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene and physical distancing remain in place.
- Visitors and residents must use the sign-in and sign-out book for off-site outings as per our normal process prior to the COVID pandemic.
- There will be no limit on the number of people that can visit a resident in long-term care or assisted living (please note Langley Lodge has specific capacity requirements in place and social distancing is still required).
- At this time, social outdoor events will be restricted to elders only as we are still limited in our capacity as per social distancing.
- Visitation will be suspended in the event of an active outbreak.
Infection Prevention and Control
- The Provincial Health Officer orders will be amended to require assisted living and long-term care sites to maintain and provide public health with the names and Personal Health Numbers of residents, staff, personal service providers and volunteers. Public Health will then link this to their central registry to determine vaccination status, which will be provided to the site.
- All staff who are not fully immunized will need to continue wearing a mask and undergo regular and frequent rapid testing. Changes to PPE for fully vaccinated staff haven’t yet been finalized.
- Personal service providers and volunteers will be required to be fully immunized.
Social Distancing Guidelines:
The safety of our residents, staff and visitors will continue to be a priority for everyone at Langley Lodge. With that said and the fact that social distancing is still required, certain areas of the Lodge will have limits on the number of people that can gather in the specific areas. This will include areas such as home area garden patios (decks), bistro, courtyard, and the resident dining rooms. The Resident’s dining rooms are already at capacity with residents. If you would like to assist a loved one with their meal, please inform the nurse on the floor and the meal can occur in the resident’s room.
We thank you for your ongoing support.
For full details on the Ministry of Health rules on all visitation in Longterm Care, please click here.