We have had a successful beginning to our Relaxed Visitation Roll Out. The Visitation Team has done an excellent job at meeting the needs of the families and residents with ease and efficiency. They have made a strong connection with families and are determined to keep the visitation program up and running strong. We would like to thank all families and friends for their patience and understanding as we cautiously move forward with increased visits with residents in the Lodge. The relaxation of the Provincial Health Officer’s original visitation order has finally brought families together and it has been wonderful to see families reconnecting with their loved ones in care at the Lodge.
We are happy to announce the launch of our online visitation booking program as of June 1. Should you wish to visit a loved one, please know which home area (floor) they reside upon and select a timeslot on that floor below:
Visitation scenarios that may be a RISK to our residents:
- If you are not staying in your household “bubble” and enter a household where any individual has tested positive or waiting for a COVID 19 test result, then you must self-isolate for 14. You should not be visiting in long term care. You should go to a COVID testing center to have a COVID test completed.
- If you are attending group activities greater than 10 people then you are not permitted to Visit Long Term Care for the 14 days after the gathering.
- If you have a runny nose or any identified symptoms, please do not come to Langley Lodge to be screened, stay at home and self-isolate until symptoms have resolved. Please call in and cancel your visit. We have families calling in to cancel due to symptoms. We are very appreciative and will rebook as soon as possible.
- If you have travelled outside the province, self-isolate for 14 days and do not visit long term care.
- If you live with a family member that works in a high risk health care setting, i.e. COVID positive patients, you should not be visiting long-term care at this time.
- Visitors MUST wear mask at all times during the visit. Visitors not following these strict guidelines may be at risk of losing visiting privileges due to the risk to their loved one and all residents and staff at Langley Lodge.
- Our ultimate goal is keep visitation open so the residents and families can continue to visit and we do not experience future outbreaks and 14 days of lockdown for all residents.
- To date we have had to isolate one resident due to potential exposure. If you have any questions about whether it is safe for you to visit, please ask Jodi our Visitation Coordinator and she can guide you with our Infection Control team in regards to next steps. Visitation Contact Number: 604-532-4200, ext. 4128
This is a coordinated effort by us all, staff and families, to protect all residents from COVID-19 and keeping you connected to your loved ones.
For your visit, you are welcome to bring in coffee, tea, juice, water and snack for your loved one. Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to eat with them as you must continue wearing your mask during your visit. If bringing food/snacks… consider that your loved one’s diet may have changed over the past year and they may now require a textured diet.
With the beautiful weather happening the courtyard is open to visits.